We are a fast growing Independent Insurance Agency in Totowa, NJ seeking an experienced Personal Account Executive to utilize their talents to grow with us. We have a great team and are looking for the right person to work in our busy office environment.
Daily responsibilities include quoting new business and completing all associated transactions for new and renewal insurance policies for our clients. Candidate should be energetic working with both clients and company representatives to align coverage with the best insurance products. Attention to detail and responsiveness a must. We are looking for the right person with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Completing all account transactions including quoting, applications, ID cards, endorsements, proposals, coverage summaries, certificates and binders on assigned accounts
- Maintain knowledge of underwriting requirements of carriers
- Respond to inquiries from clients, companies and producers on a timely basis
- Identify cross selling and coverage upgrade opportunities
- Document all activities in agency management system and include all transactions, completing the diary system timely
- Adhere to billing and premium collection guidelines for the agency
- Adhere to agency underwriting guidelines and obtain client sign-off when recommended coverages are not purchased.
Qualifications and Skills Include:
- Personal lines product knowledge
- Client relations, problem solving skills and a property casualty license with a minimum of 2 years CSR experience
- Proficient computer skills are important including familiarity with agency management systems (Applied Epic a plus)
Responsibilities: Primary role is to issue Certificates of Insurance. Position will also involve:
- Helping Account Executives and Producers with client transactions inclusive of invoicing and attaching insurance documents in agency management system.
- Document and update agency management system for each client interaction inclusive of policy renewals, endorsements, cancellation/reinstatement notices.
- Commercial Line policy knowledge important for issuing Certificates of Insurance
- Prior commercial lines insurance experience with a minimum of 3 years is required
- Proficient computer skills a must
- Professional and pleasant approach required when interacting with clients
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities is important
- Includes efficient and accurate work product of assigned responsibilities and ability to multitask
- Performance will be evaluated based on transaction processing and overall contribution to the department and agency
Compensation and Benefits: Commensurate with experience and proficiency.